Jan 22, 2007

New Obsession


Jake has had a few days off from school due to parent teacher conferences..and boy is he buzzing around!

Last night we lined up all of his Pixar Cars..he is only missing a few believe it or not!


Conference with his teacher went well. She told us that she just loves Jakob and he is very bright- she is curious to see how he turns out in life (she said it wouldn't surprise her if he is a comedian with his "dry" humor). His "report card" was almost all 3's (excellent) with a few 2's (showing improvement). Aside from remarks noted under"Cognitive, Personal/Social, Physical, and Creative Domain", she said: "Jakob is a charming and humorous child. He has a clear understanding of age appropriate concepts and enjoys interacting with adults and peers. At times, Jakob has difficulty sustaining attention and can be overly concerned with others' behavior or actions. Recently, Jakob has been able to sustain attention and is expanding his play and/or projects."

I think I had mentioned before that he is trying new foods (crab rangoon, shrimp, jambalaya to name a few..). We seem to have a little difficulty with him dressing himself (he now needs "help" with his shirt and socks..). His memory is out of this world; he also always seems to know who I am on the phone with when no names are mentioned and know what/who I am talking about (even if I spell something out!!).

He still has a wonderful love for Kaleb. "Mom, I love him so much I can't stop kissing him!".
Hopefully it will remain!!

Today while pumping breast milk, he says "Wow Mom, that is a cool machine!".

The kid is a trip! Although he is a bit much at times, I will miss being home with him when I return to work. I am going to be helping out at class snack time this Thursday and next- looking forward to that!!

No comments: