Jun 14, 2007

Last Day of School

Was able to get out of work early to pick Jake up from school. When the children are dismissed, the teacher will sing "Goodbye Jakob, Goodbye Jakob, Goodbye Jakob, we hope that you had lots of fun!" when the parent comes. Today, Miss C was busy saying goodbyes to another student and Jake saw me, so he sings "Goodbye myself, goodbye myself!". It was funny.

We gave the teacher hugs and wished her a "fun summer!". Couldn't help but have watery eyes (of course it doesn't take much with my hormones out of whack from having Kaleb!). She is such a great teacher and Jakob thinks the world of her.

She did tell me that Jake was the class spokesperson at an assembly type thing the school had for the principal and assistant principal (they are leaving this year). He walked low (he does that when he is unsure of something) up to the microphone and said "I love you Mr. S and Mr. C" and walked back. That would've been neat to see.

We headed to the playground to play with some of the kids from class. It was fun!

He was a little pooped from the day and was asleep by the time I got home from my eye appt.

When he woke up, he had a bag of presents waiting for him to celebrate a good "first year of school". To also help celebrate, we had whatever he wanted for dinner (we kind of persuaded him to get Chinese food..he had already had McD's during the week and we were sure it was going to be that or Ruby Tues.; plus we wanted to try out the new place in town). Then it was cake and ice cream for dessert.

I shot a video of Jake singing a song about making new friends..will upload after I redo it.

No comments: